Homeowners Insurance in Haines City, FL
If a disaster strikes your home, you could be on the hook for costly repairs or replacements, which many homeowners can’t afford to pay out-of-pocket. Homeowners insurance can protect you and your family from significant expenses if your home is damaged or destroyed.
We’re here to help you find the right homeowners insurance coverage for your insurance needs. Contact 1st Class Insurance Services, LLC dba Cathy Boyd’s Insurance Agency to speak to a homeowners insurance agent today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance can help you protect your personal assets and property from damage; it’s known as a package policy because it can pay for costs associated with property damage and help protect you and your family from personal liability.
Here are some benefits commonly included in homeowners insurance policies:
- Dwelling coverage can pay to repair or replace structural damage resulting from a covered peril.
- Personal liability coverage may cover legal fees and medical costs stemming from allegations that you caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
- Personal property coverage can pay to repair or replace your personal possessions if they are damaged or destroyed from a covered loss.
- Additional living expenses may pay for your family to temporarily vacate your home if property damage prevents you from living in it.
Property damage resulting from some natural disasters (e.g., floods, hurricanes) may not be covered in your homeowners insurance policy. To ensure you have sufficient coverage from these perils, you may want to purchase additional insurance (e.g., flood insurance, hurricane coverage). Contact 1st Class Insurance Services, LLC dba Cathy Boyd’s Insurance Agency to learn if your home faces a high risk of flooding.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
Home insurance coverage is not legally mandatory, but it may be required to receive a loan from your mortgage lender. Even if you do not need home insurance to secure a loan, you may want to consider a homeowners insurance policy to protect your investment and provide peace of mind in disaster scenarios.
Call 1st Class Insurance Services, LLC dba Cathy Boyd’s Insurance Agency for a homeowners insurance quote today.
Types of Homeowners Insurance
Your insurance company will likely provide multiple options for insuring your property. Here are some of the homeowners insurance options you may be able to choose from:
- HO-1 can cover the structure of your home and detached structures from named perils.
- HO-2 can cover the structure of your home, detached structures and personal possessions from more named perils than an HO-1 policy.
- HO-3 can provide open perils coverage for the structure of your home and detached structures, and it can give named-peril coverage for your personal belongings. It can also provide personal liability coverage and additional living expenses if property damage forces you to move out temporarily.
- HO-4 can cover renters’ personal property, liability coverage, and additional living expenses if necessary.
- HO-5 can provide similar coverage to HO-3, but with higher available limits for valuable possessions (e.g., jewelry) and open perils coverage for personal property.
- HO-6 can financially protect condo owners in the event of personal property damage or personal liability, and it may provide additional living expenses.
- HO-7 can offer coverage for the structure of mobile or manufactured homes, personal liability and personal belongings, and it can provide additional living expenses.
- HO-8 can provide named peril coverage for older homes whose value is exceeded by what it would cost to replace them in addition to providing personal liability coverage, personal belongings coverage and additional living expenses.
When choosing a homeowners insurance policy, you may also be able to choose from one of three property coverages. These policies affect how you are reimbursed for damage to your physical property, including the following:
- Actual cash value (ACV) coverage may reimburse you for property or structural damage at its current value (accounting for depreciation), up to your policy limits.
- Replacement cost (RC) coverage can pay for damage to your property or the structure of your home at the cost it would currently take to replace them (without accounting for depreciation), up to your policy limits.
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage can pay for damage to your property or the structure of your building, even if it exceeds policy limits.
Getting Homeowners Insurance
We’re here to help you find the right homeowners insurance policy for your insurance needs. Contact 1st Class Insurance Services, LLC dba Cathy Boyd’s Insurance Agency to learn more about our home insurance options and get a free home insurance quote online today.